Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Another Round of Freerolls

While I anxiously await my rakeback, I hopped into Bodog, PokerRoom, and Poker.com last night. Mind you, I'd slept like crap for about 6 days, so was all for an early exit should it come. Therefore I took a few more risks than usual.

Bodog just isn't interested in giving me cards. I can't remember the last time I've won a pot in that tournament. I got in in decent shape last night, but ended up losing fairly easily if I recall. I don't remember specifics.

PokerRoom went pretty well. I got like 204th out of 2000 with very little effort. Hit some decent cards, and even made some very solid plays throughout, and got myself in pretty good position. Then I loose called a small raise in the small blind w/KJ and ran up against aces when I had a K on a 44K board. For some reason when a flop comes paired, I have a hard time thinking about pocket pairs. In this case, it cost me all my chips. The guy played it really well, a lot like he had a K also, and then dropped the hammer on me on the river. Not the smartest play by me, but again, I was tired.

Poker.com was fun again. I just love this tournament for some reason. Its a madhouse for the first 45 minutes or so, and then the dust kinda settles and you see where you're left standing. I was hitting some pretty good cards, and an hour in had a chip stack around 6k, which was quite adequate at that point. After trickling it down to 4k or so with some blinds and seen flops, with blinds at 500/1000 a guy in 2nd position pushes his 2k all-in. I felt pretty good about it, and w/my 99, I pushed over the top. I accomplished the task of no other callers with that move, but got throttled by the player's JJ. A couple hands later in the BB, I push again w/99, get two callers, and got spanked on an AQx flop.

But like I said, I was OK with it. That got me in bed shortly after 9:30 and sawing logs by 10:15.

BTW, there's a good chance my rakeback won't be $30 like I originally thought. I have 226 player points (which at 27% would actually give me $60), which means that at least $226 has been raked from pots where I was dealt a hand. You get 1 point per dollar raked, up to 3 points per hand, so 226 doesn't even cover it for hands with a rake higher than $3 (which I may or may not have been involved in at .25/.50...I dunno). However, in hands that I didn't actually put a blind in, I didn't technically lose anything in rake, but I was still given player points at FTP. I can't find detailed enough verbiage at the rakeback site to tell me whether I only get back 27% of what I contributed, or if I get back 27% of the rake for hands I was dealt into, or if I get 27% of the rake from hands where I was simply dealt cards, but I think anyone would agree that I'm only going to get 27% of rake I contributed. And I have *no* idea what that is, but I'm hoping its at least $5, because that's the minimum they can transfer to me. That would mean I need to have personally contributed a little less than $25 in rake. And that seems pretty high for the limits I was playing at, where they're taking .05 for every .50 in the pot. Over the course of $60, could I really have paid almost half that in rake??

Maybe I'll do a little googling on rakeback and see if I can get more detail.

Specific to Full Tilt Poker:
How is cash rake calculated?
Whenever a pot is raked, the amount raked is divided by the number of players dealt into the hand, and that amount is attributed to each player. For example, in a 6 handed game where the rake is $3, 50 cents is attributed to you, of that 27% or 13.5 cents goes back to you just for that single hand – you can see how it will quickly add up.


This is good news for me. Some sites do it this way (credit you for the rake you "generate"), and some sites only credit you for the rake you "contribute". This means that I would take my 226 points, divide it by the average number of people at the tables I played at, and then take 27% of that. But the bad news is that I have to subtract the $10 of bonus money that I earned from it. But if I say that 6 is the average number of people (I spent a few hours Sunday at a .25/.50 9-handed table, but most of my time at .05/.10 6-handed table, which was at or below 6...so 6 is reasonable) at my table, then 226/6 = 37.67x.27 = 10.17-10 = .17

Unless that 6 is closer to 4, it looks like I'm SOL. Damn it. Stupid bonus.

Originally Posted 8/15/2006

No comments: