Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Poker.com Making Huge Strides

The following is NOT a paid advertisement. Its just me being really excited about some new changes to Poker.com, my favorite site to play at, and IMO the best and most overlooked.

With the UIGEA shutting down so many online poker rooms to US citizens, Poker.com seems to be making a serious attempt at snagging some of the abandoned players. Some may say its a little too late, but I think all anyone needs to do is go give this room a try and they won't turn back.

Fellow blogger Kipper is reporting the following additions in games and enhancements to Poker.com's interface.

# 7 Card Stud
# 7 Card Stud hi/lo
# Omaha hi/lo
# Razz
# 5 Card Stud
# 5 Card Draw
# Badugi
# 2-7 Lowball (Triple Draw)
# A-5 Lowball (Triple Draw)
# Hand Histories Stored Locally on Hard Drive
# New Lobby Interface

This hopefully means that soon, Poker.com players will be able to use Poker Tracker, but even for those of us that do play there now, even being able to go back and look at your personal hand histories will be a huge change, as previously we only had the past 15 hands at your current table and then they were history...so to speak.

Also, it may take away from my "street cred", but I love the features like percentages, show one card, rabbit hunt, player tagging capabilities, visible player accolades, personal avatars, table resizing, and the chat bubbles and smilies, including "donkey" and "fish" icons that show up when you type the words. Priceless. Plus, its hella fast.

While everyone is talking about all the money they're making in omaha hi/lo, RAZZ, and triple draw, and I'm getting killed by every idiot on the planet in hold 'em, I've really been itching to play these games where I will actually have a *real* advantage, and soon I'll be able to.

So this is great news, and I'm begging ANY of you that play, if you've never tried Poker.com, DO IT. Not just because there are shamelessly placed referral links all over this page and I need the $50 like you lucky WPBT participants need December 8th to be here, but because you really will like the site, and they take damn good care of their players.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the pimpage!

Poker.Com is great and I always come back to it for some reason. I am kipperlink on that site if you see me say 'hi'

WindBreak247 said...

I'd hardly call it pimpage. I kinda stole your thunder. ;-)

BTW, I noticed that I was subscribed to you but didn't have you linked up on the blog, so I righted that.

Thanks again for the heads up on this.

TripJax said...

That site may be my next sign-up...we'll see.

What's the deal with the percentages you mentioned? Is it anything like Hollywood where, once you are all-in, the percentage of your chance of winning is shown by each players cards.

Just wondering...thanks for the heads-up...I also saw Kip's post so it is a good reminder to head over there and check it out when the bankroll affords me the chance...

WindBreak247 said...

Yeah, the percentages are your chance of winning after all the money is in.

As a learning player, it has really helped me internalize the percentages simply by seeing them so much, but you know one of the biggest reasons I like them? Because the fish like them. I remember back when I was just starting, I swore by PokerRoom because they had the percentages...wait for it..."just like on TV".

Thanks for stopping by, and congrats on your big tourney win. I love your "brog".

As if this comment isn't already long enough, I just wanted you to know that I eventually hope/plan on using your referral for Poker Savvy/Mansion, and I'll make sure you get credit. Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

Here are the details Dec 12th it looks like

http://forum.pokercs.com/showthread.php?t=9891

WindBreak247 said...

Awesome, man. Thanks.

Now to just not go broke between now and then...