Thursday, November 09, 2006

V for Variance

Well, after taking the night off Tuesday, I did get an hour of cash games in last night. And I tanked...hard.

Ok, well not *that* hard. I started w/$364, and lost $64. I always lose on Wednesdays. Why? Because playing is not an option on Thursday nights, and so it eats away at me for 2 days until I can (usually) play again on Friday.

Last night was sick. I played my standard .50/1 full and shorthanded tables. I was just getting beat up at the shorthanded table. Missing flops, getting reraised off hands, playing too much, raising too much, and hitting too little. I had the worst possible table image imagineable, and they were killing me for it. But I was maintaining at around $30 down after I had to double up twice already. As its getting to be quitting time, I pick up AA. I raise to just $3 and get one caller. The flop comes like 356, with two hearts. I make a continuation bet, and my opponent calls. The turn is a 5. I bet the pot this time, sure to stick the dagger in any straight or flush draws, and I get raised by my opponent for all my chips, and make a pretty simple call. I should've known. Just to really get me square in the jewels, the dude had 55, and had turned quads. So quitting time it was. At the full table, I won 2 hands out of the 90ish I played. One was fun because I made quad kings out of big slick and got doubled up by ace-high. But the other, incidentally, I picked up aces at the exact same time on this table as at the shorthander. I managed to win the hand, but only for a small profit. But I cashed out even at this table. Two pairs of aces at the same time at each table, stacked at one, and no payday at the other definitely meant it was time to call it quits. So that was last night. Just atrocious. But I was due.

Tomorrow I have the day off, and after I sleep in a little I have no plans to leave the house. So I'm hoping for at least *average* cards. With average cards, I think I can play well enough to beat the level.

But we shall see. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah...congrats to Drizz for getting published on the Full Tilt Poker Blog, joining the long list of accomplished bloggers to do so.

3 comments:

Wolverine Fan said...

Found your Blog via Griinders Warehouse so linked you as I like your style.

Good luck with your play.

WindBreak247 said...

Wow...liked my style, huh?

Seeing as how I figure I'm probably about as bad at this as possible, that's a HUGE compliment.

Anyway, I'll get you linked up, and thanks for dropping by!

lightning36 said...

Hi:

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

OPT is the Online Poker Tour. This group sponsors many freeroll and buy in tournaments. End-of-the-year leaders will play for free seats to some WSOP events, so there are some excellent benefits.

To join, just go to http://www.onlinepokertour.com/. It is a great group.

Cheers!