Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Super Mega Tilt

Well, the rule applied once again. The rule being, of course, that I post positive results on my blog, and go home and shit the bed on the virtual felt.

My one major mistake was completely my fault, but it doesn't make me any less pissed off about the call my opponent made and got rewarded for. But the following disgusting beat was all at the hands of the poker gods.

This particular beat happened in one of the $8.80 satellites for a $26 token, where I am officially 2 for 2 on bubbling. Last night I actually built a stack to up over 2800 (which would've been more than sufficient to cash in my previous attempt), but when we got down to 7 and my stack was still around 2800, I was the shorty. After getting Q 10 about 42 times in 3 orbits, I ended up getting it all-in in the BB w/about 1900 with a pair of 10s, and got a caller w/AK. Good enough. Flop xxJ. So far, so good. Turn Q. NICE. Just 8 outs to dodge. And could the river really be a 10?? That'd be sick. Oh, hey, look at that. IT CAN BE. Ohhhhhh the poker gods had it out for me, boys and girls!

Hi. My name is Chad, and I am addicted to bubbling.

Hiiii, Chaaaad...

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Moving on, my only other go at this beautiful game last night was a $5.50 SNG w/my buddy. Everything was moving along swimmingly with my >2k stack being good enough for bouncing between 2nd and 3rd with 5 left. In short, I'd have to *really* screw up to not cash. (That is what we call foreshadowing.) There was this jackass who happened to be on the button on my BB. He was running over the table hitting anything and everything, and waking up w/AK and an all-in raise and show at least once a rotation. He couldn't play worth a damn, but his "luckbox" switch was set to "On" for the span of this SNG. At one point I find AQo in my BB, and with the button and SB having limped, I pump it up to 6xBB. When the button called, I lost it. I just snapped. From here on out, all logical poker thought poured out of my brain and into a mushy substance on my shoulders. The flop came 987 rainbow. Absolutely positive I had the better hand preflop and eager to prove it, I pushed what I had left, which was more than the pot by a few hundred. I nailed my read of preflop strength, but his A9o had outflopped the shit out of my hand. I don't improve, I'm sent to the rail, and I proceed to talk shit in the chat box like a donkeyfish.

I broke all the rules starting with my overbet push on a coordinated flop that I couldn't have missed worse but gave a million hands a million outs, and ending with not only talking shit in the chat box, but sticking around to watch the remainder of the tournament, cheering for the remaining players to bust the villian in the chat box, and talking more shit when he went out 3rd. It was nothing short of pathetic, and I'm not proud. But hopefully its out of my system for another few months, right? Sometimes you just lose it.

My buddy ended up coming from 5th out of 5 to finish 2nd, so good for him.

Pokerly speaking, my postflop play was just as pathetic, if not moreso, than his 6xBB call w/A9o, but that call just still annoys the piss out of me.

Oh, also its worth mentioning that I lost a handfull of dollars pushing too hard w/2nd pair playing about an orbit of .05/.10 NL before my buddy got on looking for a game, so I was a big, fat 0-fer on the night.

But that's fine, because my wife came home last night to inform me that she's getting together with a friend after work for this, that, and the other thing, and won't be home until about 9. That means about 4-5 hours of pokery goodness for this addict. My hope is to get home, win a $26 token, and play in some MTT with it whenever I can find one. Of course on the side I'll have SNGs or a .05/.10 game going and hopefully recover from the shot across the bow I received last night.

I was gonna play The Mookie for my first time ever, but I realized the damn thing doesn't start until 9 PM CST! The wife will be home around 9, so I'll have to quit at a reasonable time after that if I wanna have any shot at gettin'...well, anyway, I can't play The Mookie.

Check ya later.

2 comments:

NewinNov said...

I feel your pain. Sometimes it is good to just let it all out. Just wouldn't make it a habit. Yes you can play the Mookie and have quality time. The key is to get quality time before the Mookie starts which is a bit easier for me because it's 10pm EST. So what if you miss the first 1/2 hour, pretend your Phil Helmuth and how up late and "refreshed." Good luck.

The 80th Minute said...

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a blog listing with all Poker blogs.

Please feel free to add your site.
http://poker.onbloglisting.com

Cheers,
Dremeber
Learning Texas Holdem Poker
http://dremeber.blogspot.com