Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Unbreakable Streak

Well, it continues...



With 42ish left in a $5, 90 person SNG, I was at the back of the field with my 2500ish. Average stack was at about 6500, but blinds were at 80/160, so I wasn't yet even close to worried, but I was certainly nearing push or fold poker. I find JQd in mid-late position and limp. Flop comes K 6 10 rainbow. A flop I'm quite fond of. Miraculously, it checks 5 spots around. Turn is Ac, a card I'm even more fond of. Two clubs on the board, but I hold the current nuts with one card to come. Then the dream scenario unfolds. SB pushes his last 1200 or so. I slow call, hoping that maybe the LP player w/6k will push over the top. He pushes over the top. I instacall and reveal the bad news. A7 in the SB is dead, and the big stack's two pair isn't looking so hot. Then the poker gods reveal a piece of bad news of their own, spiking one of the 3 outs left in the deck.

I'd pay you all a dollar, but I only have 22 left.

$2.25 SNGs, here I come! Four days and counting, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll really be able to play through this.

2 comments:

Wolverine Fan said...

Sorry about your bad run.
If you have money at Poker Stars or Absolute, try the 2 Table SitNgo for 1.25 at Stars and the 2.40 1 table SitNgos at Absolute. They can be beat. Play tight in the early going.

WindBreak247 said...

Thanks, but no money at either of those sites and no payment processors that I'm signed up for.

And actually, if it wasn't for my $21 of rakeback I've got coming at Full Tilt, this would be a much scarier situation.

Can I really go broke playing the $2.25s??

Tune in to find out.