Monday, April 30, 2007

Blogger Bracelet Busto

Well, the Blogger Bracelet Race actually went about how I expected. I made it through the first hour basically losing my blinds. Saw a few flops, but never hit anything hard. As a result of all my folding, my preflop raises were respected, which was fine with me. I even raised on the cutoff and folded to a button resteal by BobRespert (who is apparently Bobby Bracelet? I'm new here). I was setting up my table image as tight, and was about to start putting that to use and mixing it up a little. The first step was when I showed down my very first blogger HAMMER with a 4xBB raise, showing people that I was willing to mix it up. Well, a combination of a cold deck and a little overzealousness by me didn't give me a chance to carry out my plan, as the very first flop I hit was hit much harder by columbo.

I was burned so many times by two pair as I learned this game, I finally learned that its by no means a monster and I need to be aggressive with them on the flop...esepecially on a 2-suit flop. We managed to limp around with myself, columbo, and the blinds in the hand. When this flop fell, I knew I was going to try my best to get all my chips in before the turn (which was certainly my biggest mistake...checking out right here) because I figured I had to have the best hand. I knew it wouldn't check around after everyone limped preflop, so I checked my option when it came to me. Sure enough, columbo bet out, the blinds fold, I min-raised him, he jams, and I quickly call. I couldn't put him on AA or 88, because I would expect a raise. I couldn't put him on 66, because c'mon...the other 2 are out there. The only hand I was really afraid of was A8, and if he had that, so be it. What I really thought was that he was just putting pressure on me because he had seen that I was a tight player and willing to fold under pressure. Regardless, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw the two sixes. No miracle ace for me, and 45th it is!

Anyway, like I said, it went about how I expected, because I couldn't buy any luck yesterday. I played two $20 SNGs and won one hand in each. I couldn't even steal the blinds because I had LAG-donks at both tables that would play about any two, so there was no value in steal attempts. I also played two $10 SNGs, bubbling one in a mediocre attempt, and managing a win in the other after an epic heads up battle that saw the chips swing 7k to 2k back and forth 4 times before I finally managed to strike the dagger.

It was over 80 degrees in my house as my wife and I had ignorantly decided to "tough it out", so my nuts were stuck to the desk chair and I wasn't even having much fun playing. So with that win under my belt and the bankroll back over $200, I decided to call it quits and hit the couch for some TV.

I should have some good opportunities to play this week as our TV shows are winding down, plus I think I'll be at home Thursday morning before we fly to Texas for the weekend, so hopefully I'll run better than I did yesterday and can make some progress.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

You have been tagged! For details - http://lightning36.blogspot.com/