Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quickie Update

First off, hello to all my new readers from Pokerweblogs.com. I didn't really buy into it when I first saw the comment I got yesterday...thought it was another blog listing website that wouldn't do much. Nonetheless, I signed up cuz exposure is exposure, and have come to discover these folks are *serious* about poker blogging. I've already gotten 14 hits (about 7x my normal daily rate ;-) ), rated (6.7 out of 10, baby!), and gotten a couple of comments on their site, and I've only been listed on there for about 4 hours. As you can see, I linked them up at right, so if you're looking for more exposure to people that are serious about poker blogging, I'd advise you sign up with them. BTW, their blogger of the month is Carmen, so they definitely know what they're doing over there, and I look forward to being affiliated with the site.

It also means I have to step up my game, because I'm actually being read and rated now, which is just plain weird for me. ;-)

Anyway, I wanted to update quickly that I'm not broke yet. I played a couple of SNGs last night. The first one was atrocious. I honestly don't remember much of it, but I don't think it was worth remembering either. I've been reading the Full Tilt Tournament Strategy Guide, so I was trying out some advice from Gavin Smith's chapter in spots, and it didn't pan out. I'm sure its sound advice, but for my "last" (with 2.24 left in the account my only option would've been a 1.25 90 player SNG or wait until my $1 in rakeback gets paid to me next month :-) ) SNG I went back to the ol' WindBreaker special style of play and took that bad boy down! I'm not gonna mince words and say that the deck wasn't hitting me in the face a little bit, but I made a couple of pretty strong plays to improve my chances (extracted maximum value by busting two players with a set, and making a clutch call to an all-in push w/5 left...behind, but w/2 live suited cards) and saw my way to being the last man standing. So I'm alive again with 11.24, which gives me a little breathing room with 4.999999999 SNGs until I'm on the verge of going broke again. Does someone want to transfer me a penny? Cuz that one penny I'm short is KILLING me. :-)

The other part of the reason that last night's first SNG didn't make much of an impact on me is because I was watching the first hour of the 2007 WSOP on ESPN (50k horse w/Reese, Elezra, Seed, Lindgren feature table) and was keeping an eye on the crowd at all times because I WAS THERE. I believe I made my ESPN debut (although I might have been on there back in the days when I was sitting on the floor at ISU basketball as a student) when they showed my giant frame in the "No Limit Lounge" in a handfull of backgrounds, not to mention prominently featuring my very own feet behind Negreanu in one long shot. For autographs, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope. ;-)

Ok, I've gotta get outta here and go get a workout in. Just wanted to let everyone know I survived almost going broke for about the 5th time since May, and I will live to see at least 4 more SNGs. Also, I'm thinking tonight and for the remaining weeks they're available I might have a go at the PokerStars freerolls for the freerolls for the exclusive 9 person table for a shot at the PCA. Looks like they hold 10,000 max (and of course fill up every time), but top 1500 get cash, and top 200 get entry to the next round, so I'm gonna see about working my way through a couple of those mine fields. Check 'em out if you're broke like me and interested.

With that, I'm out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice update windbreak! Good to found you at pokerweblogs.com! I finally got to read almost everything. Good thing you survived of almost going broke! Now go get em again! :) Good luck