Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Little To Report

So I have to bitch about my KK vs AA loss last night. These things happen, but the interesting part is that this is the 2nd time in like 3 weeks this has happened to me on poker.com. I'm finally starting to take things like this in stride, so maybe that means I'm growing as a poker player. Or maybe it just means I'm numb to the pain.

I had another solid "out of my comfort zone" finish just a few minutes ago. 148th out of 2000 in a Limit Omaha Hi/Lo tourney on AbsolutePoker. I can always hang for a while, but when the blinds start to creep up, my not-so-great plays are multiplied exponentially by how much I had to pay for them.

I also updated my freeroll list for every site I can think of, and there is no less than 77 freerolls on any given day. This doesn't even include PokerStars, which runs at least 10-12, and PartyPoker, which runs 5 or so a night. The dumb part is not all of them pay you straight up. Some are for convoluted points systems, some of 'em are for merch, and some are for cash, but you have to earn it by playing with real money. I figure I'll just make a list of all of 'em, and when I cash, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Ok, gotta run.

Originally Posted 7/25/2006

No comments: