Friday, September 15, 2006

Chugging Along

Well, I played on Wednesday night, as expected, and rode 1st and 2nd place SNG finishes to a $12 profit. I also got 61st out of 1000 in the freeroll. So things continue to go well, and I expect it to end, really, anytime. Although w/the level of play at the $2 tables, all I really have to worry about are suckouts. Wednesday night I picked up KK in EP and raised it up 4xBB. A couple seats after me I see a re-raise, and then another caller after that. I re-raise this dude all-in, he calls without much hesitation, and we lose the third guy. I didn't have too much trouble winning against his K 10 off.

Of course, I also took advantage of a little luck to make things easier. Three-handed, I've got over 6k in chips, and the other 4 are distributed between the other two players in the form of 2xxx and 1xxx. I pick up 66 on the button and raise it up. 2xxx in chips re-raises all-in, 1xxx folds in the big, and I call. I'm racing AK, and with an ace on the flop am about to even things up. But I take it down w/a 6 on the river, and then proceed to steamroll the small stack. Done and done.

So, things are going well...EXTREMELY well. I don't wanna jinx it, and I don't want it to end, but I also don't expect it to continue forever.

As far as my referral thing, I chatted w/support on Wednesday, and they informed me that my buddy had signed up using another affiliate. I told them that was impossible, and that their referral program was a sham. After he said something about downloading the software onto a machine that has never run the software before, I had to remove my foot from my mouth and ask him humbly if anything could be done. My buddy had said that he hadn't played there, but his wife had, so it was obvious at this point that whoever she signed up through got the referral. The rep told me to have my buddy contact them and they could try to get the referral switched, but since he had already cleared the bonus, it may be too late. He did contact them last night and that was indeed the case. So no score there.

Anyway, the guy told me the referral is for the software and not for the account, and if the software had ever been on a machine they'd be able to tell, so not even a cookie clear, uninstall, etc would help. I'd like to know whether they track that via IP, MAC address of the network card, or registry files that your common fool doesn't know how to get rid of, in case I face the same problem again somewhere down the line. So if anyone knows, I'd appreciate if you'd pass that morsel of information on to me.

Hopefully I still have a couple other referrals lined up that will work out. Jorgen's isn't necessarily looking good based on an email I got from him, and my other buddy at work and I have hashed out a plan for his to work, even though he's played there before. He'll be installing the software onto his work laptop and signing up with a new account.

Sorry about all those words that I'm positive you couldn't care less about, but hopefully someday it will all be helpful to someone else. I also apologize if this is common knowledge and I look like an idiot. I'm new to the world...take it easy on me.

If anyone is interested in trying out Poker.com (aside from the small number of players, I really do love the software, and the action is pretty soft) and throwing me a bone, please download the software here. They've got a 100% up to $100 bonus, a ticket to an Aussie Millions freeroll, and you'll get a weeks worth of entry into $500 freerolls, and four weeks of $50 freerolls. Give it a shot.

Of course, whatever happens at the tables, you'll be the first to know.

No comments: