Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Quick Score

I couldn't resist the urge and made the time to play in a $2 SNG last night...

...and I won it. So that was a good decision on my part. I didn't win without a little help from a giant suckout, but hey...that's how its gotta go sometimes. I pick up pocket 10s and limp in early position. The flop comes 8 10 J. There's a bet, a raise, and I go ahead and push all-in. Probably one of the worst possible plays to make right there, but I was playing for fun and willing to put it all on the line here if I was up against JJ or Q9. And of course, I was up against Q9 and like 8 10, but a J on the turn got me everyone's chips.

As a side note, how is it that EVERY TIME the flop comes 8 10 J, someone is holding on to Q9? Does this happen to anyone else, or just me??

Anyway, I put 'er in cruise control at that point, emerged from my shell to take out a couple of micro stacks in the middle of a dry spell, and then hit a mad rush of cards to take the thing down. My bankroll is now above $30! Wednesdays are usually a play night for me, so hopefully I can make some more progress tonight.

My PokerBlog.com post about Cap games on Full Tilt showed up in my blog over there, but never made the front page. Go here if you're interested in reading it. Its really not that great. Too many questions, not enough answers. I never claim to be a writer, but I've done better.

In other news, I have propositioned 3 friends to sign up as my referral at Poker.com. First, because they're great guys who would be happy to throw me a bone, 2nd, because 2 of them are bonus whores and a 100% bonus is a 100% bonus, and the third likes the sound of the success I'm having in the $2 SNGs, so I don't feel like I'm twisting their arms, and 3rd, because, despite the low player numbers, I really do like their interface and think its a great place to play. BUT, one guy signed up last night supposedly using my referral link, deposited his money, is working through his bonus, and HASN'T shown up in my list of referrals! So I've got an email into Poker.com support to see what the deal is with that. I want my 50 bones! I'm gonna be super pissed if they give me some bullshit about how I have to have made a deposit, because they're making rake off me, it shouldn't matter that I'm playing off freeroll winnings. If that's the problem, then I'd have been more than happy for my freeroll winnings to have taken away my "first depositor" status. Anyway...hopefully I don't have to hate them for this.

That's all for now. Back soon.

No comments: