Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Latest

Just $3 worth of winnings to report since the last update. I played Friday between work and play, and got 3rd in a SNG. I made a big call early to double up and take someone out, then I made a bad call a little further down the line, and was kicked to the back of the pack. After that I did some hard work to weasle into the top 4, and then happened to not be the guy to go out on the bubble. Once we got into the money I actually made some pretty good progress, and I can't really remember now, but I may have gotten sucked out on to go out in 3rd. Regardless, I was happy to cash.

I also played one of the Step 3 play money for real money SNGs, where if I won, I got $1. And I won. I'm actually pretty proud of it. About a year ago I never would've had the confidence to think I could outright win 3 SNGs in a row to cash in on something like that, but right about now I'm absolutely killing SNGs with little to no effort. Very good news. Especially as I am starting to think about some SNG satellites.

I also forgot to mention that I lost the rest of my mysterious free $5 on FTP sometime last week. I ran one of the $1.25 tournaments and took two disgusting beats, then played about $2 worth of .05/.10 NL cash game action, during which I didn't win ONE legitimate hand. My plan was to quit when I got to $1.25 so I could play another tournament, but then I picked up a decent hand in the big blind right when I could've folded and quit, and, naturally, FTP laughed in my face and my plan went to shit. My luck on FTP is just sickening. I really would like to be able to play there on a regular basis, but it scares the absolute crap out of me, so I'll cross that bridge if I ever have enough of a bankroll to start spreading around. I still have a large majority of a bonus to clear, plus I'm getting rakeback there, so I'll go back there sometime, but I'm gonna make sure I'm deep so I can handle the sickening variance that site deals me.

Aaaaaaand...I haven't played since Friday. Saturday I started drinking at 9 AM for the Iowa/Iowa State game, and then by 5:30 when everyone left I was a wreck and just cleaned up and then hit the couch for some more football and a movie. We were gone all day Sunday and when we got home did some cleaning up around the house and watched some stuff piled up on the DVR. Then yesterday, a usual play day, I didn't play because TV has started. This is gonna be a bit of an issue. It was nice to have new TV shows to watch again, but I was crazy jonesin for some poker. So I'm gonna have to figure something out to work more poker in. I need to keep my skills sharp and keep building my bankroll, because I've got some great momentum going right now. I have a couple different options, so I'll just have to see what's gonna work.

My plan tonight is to work a SNG in between running and dinner, because I'll lose my mind if I don't play tonight. My bankroll is at $48, so I'm close to giving the $5 SNGs another run. I'll try one, and if it doesn't work out, back to the $2. But unless I'm just completely cold-decked, I think I should be able to move my success up to the next level. Once I get to $100, I have a whole plan, that maybe I'll detail in another post, another day.

Good luck to everyone.

No comments: