Tuesday, September 19, 2006

...and there it is

Wow. Pathetic. I just donked away $16.50 in $5.50 SNGs like it was my job. So much for a bankroll and for running well.

In the first one I raised preflop with AJo, got 3 callers, and on a flop of AKQ, my pride and anger got in the way and made me call an all-in and get throttled by J10o. In the 2nd one, I made equally as retarded of a move, although I don't recall what it was at the moment. And in the third, I got myself into a pinch and picked the wrong move. I was actually 2nd in chips at the time. I had finally picked up some hands and had them hold up, and was looking to be in pretty good shape. All game long I had been stealing the big blind from the guy next to me who was hella weak, and I picked up A3o in the small and tried it again. Only this time, the guy pushed on me. After contemplating for quite some time, my gut told me I was good, and I made the call. (Might I note, that on the first hand of this tournament my gut was telling me to play 89o but I folded it, only for the flop to come 567 and watch someone with 34o win a decent pot when I should've taken all his chips, hence turning to the gut for this call) Well...this time he woke up with AK. The flop actually comes x3A and I thought maybe I had some good karma in the bank, but a K on the river made things "right". That left me on the short stack, and a couple hands later I couldn't run A9 through JJ.

That makes FIFTEEN $5 SNGs in a row on FTP and Poker.com combined that I have failed to cash in, and that makes me SICK. I should be killing this level, but my luck has been gut wrenching. Not to push all the blame off of myself, I'm also bringing my C game to the table and paying for it. I don't know if its some sort of subconscious thing or what, but I can feel that I'm playing differently, I just don't know how.

Anyway, my bankroll still stands at $32+, so I'm going to give one more $5.50 a run and give it everything I've got. If I cash, I'm still in business, and if not, its back to the $2.20s.

Frick.

No comments: