Friday, September 22, 2006

Roller Coaster Wednesday

So Wednesday night I had the place to myself and decided to do some serious work on the bankroll. Of course, when I can really commit myself tends to be when things go the worst for me, and Wednesday was no exception.

First thing I did was bust out of work early to play the 4:00 $500 guaranteed short-handed tourney at poker.com. I picked up a few marginal hands and marginal pots, and basically hung around until 35th out of 98. Not what I had hoped for, but I'm happy that I didn't *really* tank in my first non-freeroll MTT in...geez...maybe more than a year. If I can actually see a few cards, things would be drastically different.

After that tourney, I went to a very dark place involving a relapse into terrible bankroll management and tilt that I will not mention. Starting with $27, I was as low as $7, but I regrouped, and had four consecutive relieving but agonizing 3rd place finishes in $2.20s, and ended the night w/$20.20 in the roll and some pride back. PLENTY to work with, and I took away more of the good experiences than the bad, which is also a good sign as to my growing maturity as a committed player.

Jorgen is absolutely the man, and has signed up as my referral at Poker.com, which will net me a sweet $50 bonus. This will help bail me out of the pinch I've gotten myself into, and get me back on the fast track, so I can't thank him enough. If you would like to go donkey punching and throw a micro roll a bone, I would be appreciative beyond words. Click Here.

I promise to continue working on being a better blogger. Right now I have to focus on results, but hopefully when I've got a little more cushion I can spread my wings a little with the blog.

This weekend should allow me some decent playing time, so I hope to report back next time with even better news.

No comments: