Monday, October 23, 2006

Bye Bye Already?

As I mentioned the other day, thanks to a recommendation from the great and powerful Pauly, I signed up my blog on sitemeter.com, because I wanted to see if I did, in fact, have the two readers I expected, or if maybe it was just a pity party.

Well, I was checking my traffic today, and I have a couple different hits from someone in the Army Information Systems Command department in the Pentagon. I immediately have gone all ScurvyDog and am afraid they're after me. Now, if the government was looking into me for my potentially illegal online poker playing, first of all, I don't know if I've done anything wrong (although supposedly just the links and/or talk about any site is supposedly illegal under the UIGEA), second of all, you'd think they'd be a little more conspicuous, and third of all, I don't know why it would be someone the Army's IS department. Regardless, I'm easily scared, I don't want to go to jail for playing seven $5.50 SNGs a week, and this is plenty enough to scare me.

So if you read my blog and you work in the Pentagon, or are more well connected and know of someone who might be reading my blog and work in the Pentagon, please leave a comment or email me. I'm sufficiently freaked out.


EDIT: Crisis averted. I've found my culprit, and he's merely a harmless blogger. Thanks for clearing that up so quickly, friend.

Along those same lines, it blows my mind to see the hits I'm getting from all over the US and the world. I hoped to start picking up some hits here and there, but I flat out can't even figure out how some of these people found me, or had enough interest to click a link I left somewhere. And I don't figure SiteMeter probably tracks hits from feed readers, so if that's the case there may be more "hits" I don't even know about. Pretty damn cool. Not to mention the people taking a couple minutes to leave a comment, which is even better.

So thanks to everyone for stopping by. I can't believe it. Now hopefully I don't have to shut the joint down.

No comments: