Friday, November 03, 2006

Aggrivation

Well, I'm nothing if not consistent. I just finished bowing out in 39th out of 182 in the $500 freeroll.

Things were going along just fine until I finally decided to make a bluff. And I realized why I don't bluff at this level.

I called the 300 chip blind with about 6k left w/A8d in middle position. I loves me some suited aces. So sue me.

The flop came 8 5 5, two hearts, one diamond. The small blind bet out, big blind dropped, and I went ahead and called here. I know now I should've raised here, but I'm very very afraid of the SB 5. So I thought we'd see a turn. The turn was a Qh and the SB doubled his bet. Now I'm putting him on a SB steal, so I go ahead and call here. The river is the 4th heart. The small blind bets out bigger still, and I decide to bluff the big flush all-in. This guy calls with zero thought w/the Jh (and Qd), and I'm a micro stack in the BB. I'm pretty sure I can fold the J for all my chips there, especially the way I played the hand. But I'm not just your average donkey.

I actually worked my stack back up to the middle of the pack but was never a contender. I ended up pushing a 4xBB stack w/A10 vs AQ, and that was that.

Again, I spent PLENTY of time in the top 25, as high as 3rd, so I'm happy overall with my effort, its just a matter of finishing the job. Two shots left.

The good news is that I played a couple of $10 SNGs, and cashed in third in the first one despite two major suckouts (well, one crippled me 3-handed, so its not really "despite" worthy), and a GIANT blunder by me. With a still push-worthy stack, I accidentally called a 3xBB raise by clicking the "call" button in the SB a nanosecond after the raiser had made his move. Then fiddled around and couldn't get it unchecked. With a little luck (or perhaps good karma?) I recovered from my pathetic stack to cash. *whew*

In the 2nd one I had some good fortune (and maybe some good play?) in the middle, and it carried on throughout the end. I had to sweat a couple of suckouts here, too (including aces cracked on a KILLER slow play), but emerged victorious.

So after moving up a level and not cashing in 3 straight SNGs, I was starting to sweat it out a little bit, but this is how building a bankroll w/SNGs goes, and as a result I'm at a new high of $115.

I may get to play a little more after I take blondie out to dinner, but no matter what happens, I'll be feeling a lot better about things than I have thus far this week!

No comments: