Thursday, November 23, 2006

Breathing a Sigh of Relief for the Holiday

Well, I got in a handfull of SNGs yesterday, and things remained pretty precarious in the beginning. In fact, I was in my "last" SNG, w/the remaining bankroll under $2.20. But the drama pretty much ends there, as I sat down at a .10/.20 limit table and turned my $1.70 into $2.30, not dooming me quite yet. I also won the SNG. It took a big suckout to do it, but for some reason I knew I was beat after the flop and just couldn't let the hand go. I then proceeded to make a bigger 2 pair on the turn and triple up, cruising to the win after that. Which was a huge monkey off my back, because even when I was managing to cash, I could not freegging WIN. After getting that bankroll back to back over $12, I took a break to work out, and when the wife said she still wouldn't be home for a while, I cracked a couple beers and had another go at it. I played 3 more SNGs, made a HUGE misread in one for all my chips, and cashed in both the others (3rd & 2nd). By the 2nd one I was getting buzzed, having a good time, and cracking up the table. It was a blast. The thing ended up possibly being the longest SNG I've played on the site, as we played several hands at 500/1000.

Final result, a bankroll over $17 (at least 8 more SNG's worth), and the REAL good news is that the cards started to circle back to normal a little bit. I was making some hands and having them hold up, so it was very encouraging, and good to have fun playing poker again.

I couldn't ask for much more going into the holiday.

And speaking of that, I'm probably already too late, but hope everyone has a great one. We're headed for my folks (only a half hour away) for the day, and expecting gorgeous 60 degree temps, which is ridiculous for November in Iowa. So we'll mix a little HD football in with some real football and other fun and games I'm sure.

For all you traveling, travel safe, and as always, good luck on the felt!

No comments: