Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bubblicious

I am getting a slight bit cold decked, and its starting to get a little depressing.

Last night I did manage to finish 32nd out of 187 in the $500 Freeroll. Overall its encouraging, but it was a very pathetic 32nd that just as easily could've been 60th. I spent the last half hour of the tourney just looking for a hand to push with while my stack decreased to as low as less than 1xBB. As Jorgen has said to me concerning the strategy of not getting below 7xBB, it made me feel dirty. But I just can't justify pushing with absolute garbage. I can't bring myself to do it. I managed to triple up to <3xBB w/J10 (yes, a terrible hand, but easily the best I had seen), but that just delayed the inevitable. Early in the tourney I was as high as 3rd, when I took two people out with AA, I got trickled down again, but then doubled up w/KK against KQ, and then the cards just got less and less as things went on, I lost a hunk when my QQ doubled up J10, and then things dried up more-or-less completely. I did take advantage of an extremely loose table at the very beginning, which is a great takeaway. I stayed patient, picked my spots, and came away from the table way ahead. Loose play used to make me pretty nervous and anxious, and I would succumb with a bad decision, so that's another hurdle that I've conquered. Anyway, I was only 12 away from cashing, and with 3 shots left, I still like my chances to win one.

I also played one SNG, where I improved on my previous two 5th place finishes, to take 4th this time. *farts* It was crazy loose early on, and we were down to 6 w/the blinds at 15/30. I was in 3rd with 800 chips, and I figured if I kept it close to the vest, I'd cruise. I worked my way up as high as 1400, but then things dried up here, too, and I ended up pushing with the first ace I'd seen in 3 rounds, only to come up against AK and get throttled.

So this can go ahead and stop anytime. I've got bankroll milestones to hit, damn it!

I haven't heard any interest in anyone playing my Aussie Millions Freeroll for me on Saturday. Surely someone is interested. If for nothing else, just the practice?

Let me know.

No play for me tonight, as Thursday is our long standing "TV Night" tradition where we get together with freinds. But tomorrow night there should be a *lot* of poker, starting with the $500 Freeroll, if not before.

Duty calls.

No comments: