Thursday, November 16, 2006

Upon Further Review...

After some thought...ok, screw it, I can't STOP thinking about it...I want it to be known that I accept a majority of the blame for last night's debacle.

After reading Drizz's post that mentioned admitting your mistakes, I just wanted to clear up that although my last post mentioned several variations of beats, I have also come to terms with the fact that a lot of poor play was involved as well.

Don't get me wrong, I lost a lot of hands that would and should generally hold up, but I also lost a lot of hands where I shouldn't even have been in the pot, called a lot of preflop raises that I shouldn't have, and pissed away about $120 with overplayed pocket pairs that I normally am very good at treading carefully with.

So I will grow from this. I will get back at it, and I will get back to my roots and do a little reconstruction on a game that I thought was coming into its own, but more likely was just running pretty lucky.

Three weeks ago I would've been thrilled to have what I have now. Of course, since I've seen the promised land it really blows to be where I am, but this is FAR from over. I did it once, and I can do it again. And next time I hit a high mark, having learned this valuable lesson, things will be different.

That's what its all about, right??

No comments: